Friday, May 10, 2013

Nueva Ola

This is a term that was applied to a group of musicians mainly in South America who played and introduced rock and roll and other American and European music of the 50's and 60's to their countries.

Rather than producing their own material, Nueva ola bands recorded versions of songs that were already popular in the United States or Europe. Nueva ola marked the beginning of youth culture and pop music in South America.  Nueva cancion music is occurring at the same time as Nueva cancion music, which is a music style that together with Nueva ola became the precursors to the Rock en Espanol scene.
wiki

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I need a list of Chicano 80s new wave bands for my music station. Not garage punk but music with the actual new wave aesthetic. Everything I see online is lumping punk rock & new wave in together. I came across a punk band who did write their own lyrics and it was a socio-economic type commentary on life; the writer also did some famous murals. So underground new wave I guess is what I'm wanting to hear, in the same kind of vein of the punk scene (punk values/ new wave sound); but not so obscure as to not be on Pandora or last.fm
    Thanks if you can help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi I did this blog for a school project, I don't know where u can find the music that you are looking for. best of luck!

    ReplyDelete