Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Now for my favorite part...

So we have already learned about the beginning of Rock in Spanish, the most important artists who helped shape what Rock in Spanish is today. Now let's get to the good part. Part of the reason that I created this blog and researched this genre was because I like a band and a very famous Colombian musician. The band is called Mana or Grupo Mana, and that Columbian singer is non the less than Juanes.


I first came across Grupo Mana a few semesters ago, when I had to do a project for one of my classes. My group picked Grupo Mana, I was soon captivated by their rhythm, their lyrics, and their style. My boyfriend heard me listening to Mana, and told me he liked them, that I should listen to their song "Vivir sin Aire," and so I did only to realize that I knew that song but had no idea it was Mana who sang it. So I became interested in Mana, fell in love with many of their music and became my new band added to my playlist.

Juanes, I fell in love with Juanes at the age of sixteen, when a friend of mines asked me to listen to a song called "A dios le pido," Another song that hit home for me. I fell in love with the guitar, the Latin rhythm, the lyrics, I mean everything. I suddenly became a fan of Juanes, and needed to hear what else he had out there. Juanes for me has been my guide in my journey in life. His music touches my heart and makes me loose my string of thought. Many of his lyrics are love lyrics and they just hit home. I was a young soul looking for love and his music just touched me.

No comments:

Post a Comment